BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

reading slow

I’ve been reading a great deal lately. For book club I read “Water for Elephants” by Sarah Gruen. For my own amusement I just finished the second of the “Dark Materials” trilogy by Philip Pullman. They are very exciting reads but my only complaint is that the books don’t end satisfactorily for me. They cannot be read as individual books, it’s as if the three books should be considered one very long book. Finally, as part of my “Babylon 5” marathon I have been engaged in, I am re-reading the Technomage trilogy by Jeanne Cavelos. As for DVDs, in addition to Babylon 5 and Crusade I am watching The Good Life aka Good Neighbors. I just love Paul Eddington!

On my trip down to New Orleans I read “Harry Sullivan’s War” a Doctor Who Companion spin-off written by Ian Marter himself! It was very good, even though it had no sci-fi in it… but one complaint…. Harry Sullivan is NOT an idiot. I also read “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollan. As always a thought provoking book about what we call ‘food’. It makes you read labels more clearly (Just say “NO” to High Fructose Corn Syrup!) and it made me start baking my own bread again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home