BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Firefly Disk 2, part 2

Our Mrs. Reynolds – This episode shows the bad side to being a trained companion… seduction for the purpose of killing people and stealing their things. Jealous Inara realizes she really likes Mal and kissed him in haste (only to regret it a second later.) And we are introduced to Vera, Jayne’s favorite gun. Generally speaking, it’s a fun episode.

Jaynestown – Watching this episode must be what it feels like to go insane. The premise is so outrageous that it’s hard to laugh… but laugh I do! Jayne’s act of stupidity makes him a folk hero in a mud pit (literally!) of a town. But when hero-worship goes too far and someone sacrifices himself for Jayne, even the big lummox wonders what it all means.

Despite his uncertain and somewhat shady past and his generally surly attitude, Jayne is trying to evolve into the semblance of a human being. He has plenty of time to stumble on the way, but for now, the seed of uncertainty has been planted. What does it all mean? Indeed.

Favorite line: Simon (slightly drunk) calling Jayne a “box-dropping man-ape gone wrong.” Earlier he said he was “like a trained ape, without the training.” Okay… that’s two lines, but it’s a funny episode. Oh... and then there’s Wash wanting to go “to the crappy town where I’m a hero.” And Jayne singing the Jayne song, “The man they call…ME.” And Inara’s reaction when she discovers Jayne is the “Hero of Canton.” And River being frightened by Book’s hair. And well… just watch the whole episode.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
www.netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle.
As for books, my thanks go out to www.amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to.
For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

LIBRARIANS: the GPS locators in a wilderness of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home