BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Friday, September 09, 2005

Samurai Anime Go!

My anime for this month is Samurai Deeper Kyo. So far, after two disks (10 episodes) it isn’t too bad. It reminds me a little of Rurouni Kenshin, especially the stuff about “a man with a cross-shaped scar on his back (or face).” This comparison is bad, however, since Kenshin is one of the best manga ever; all others pale before it.

SDK begins promising with the idea of two samurai who are fighting get struck by a mysterious meteor. Their souls are trapped in the same body (the extra body is hidden away somewhere.) At first I thought the two fighters would be switching back and forth, but after one or two times of that, it has stopped. “Demon-eyes” Kyo is the one in charge now and we get a chance to discover that he isn’t so bad after all. It’s the other one (whose body Kyo is occupying) that seems a bit of a baddy. Whew! This is difficult to explain!

Anyway, I like the demon-monster thingies and the characters are fun too. Also, the outtakes are hilarious! I’ll keep watching.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
www.netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle.
As for books, my thanks go out to www.amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to.
For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

LIBRARIANS: the GPS locators in a wilderness of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home