BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

School time

Classes have started again and there will be no more FUN reading. On my book list for the next 10 weeks is “Systems Analysis & Design Methods” a textbook by Whitten, Bentley, and Dittman, “Looking for Information: A Survey of Research on Information Seeking, Needs, and Behavior” by Donald O. Case, “The Soul of a New Machine” by Tracy Kidder, and “Bridget Jones’ Diary” by Helen Fielding.

Okay so the last one is not exactly on my book list, but I had to read it as I had taken it out of the library and it was a luverly thing to read in between bouts of analyzing systems and looking for information. I promise to only read it after I have finished my homework.

So far it’s been a very funny book written in nice short snippets. It also has the distinction of spelling words like “Durh” and “Chuh,” words I know exist, but always wanted to see in print. I think books like this should be on the syllabus of Library Science classes because these are the sorts of books we will HAVE to read in order to recommend them to our patrons. Chuh, like that’s going to happen!

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

1 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

I really enjoyed her latest book. In fact it's a perfect book for the summer. I especailly like her survival kit!

Thursday, April 20, 2006 2:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home