BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Monday, December 12, 2005

No more books

There are no more books for me to peruse at work, I’ve been switched over to reading magazines. Some articles are interesting, but most are just silly. I won’t bother reviewing them. So, this just leaves what I manage to read at home between bouts of homework. I do give myself a movie or two to relax on weekends.

I finally finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy with “Return of the King.” This is a great final movie, very moving and exciting. The battle scenes are thrilling and heartbreaking at the same time because (if you read the books) you know who lives and who dies. Pip and Merry get a great deal more to do in this movie, with the battle and the raging politics between Gondor and Rohan. There were some flashback scenes with Sean Bean that I don’t remember (were they part of the extended scenes?) that made me wonder once again why HE wasn’t playing Aragon. But, no matter, there is always the “Sharpe’s” series.

I watched the first of fourteen movies starring Sean Bean as Lt. Richard Sharpe. In his own words, he’s “the son of a whore, born in a brothel, raised in an orphanage, who hopes to die in the army.” What a guy! “Sharpe’s Rifles” is great, not only because of Sean Bean, but because it has it all, a little history, a little romance, and a lot of fighting.

I recently discovered that Netflix has a bunch of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 movies on DVD. I’m there. I just watched “Attack of the Giant Leeches” with Joel. I haven’t seen Joel in ages; it was all just plain old great fun.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home