BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lazy Weekend

I was lazy this week with homework, so I watched a bunch of things on DVD and started reading two new books.

I saw “Sullivan’s Travels” starring Joel McCrea, written and directed by Preston Sturges. This is a very funny whip-smart comedy from the early 1940’s. The disk includes a nice documentary about Preston Sturges as well.

Dr. Who marathon continues with “Frontier in Space.” This is the last episode to feature Roger Delgado as the Master, since not long after filming this he died in a car accident. Jon Pertwee, upset at the death of his friend, also left the show after one more season.

This was a rambling six-part episode that took us all over the place. The Master doesn’t show up until the third episode and the Daleks don’t show up until the very end. Of course, that is just a teaser for the next series, “Planet of the Daleks.” The ending of this series is rather sudden, the Master just runs off and... as I said before, doesn’t reappear until another actor takes his place years later.

Also on tap this week is “Two Towers” the second movie in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy. This first half of movie #2 was excellent. I liked that the extended scenes included Merry and Pippin growing because they drank the Ent water. I also love the part where the King of Rohan recovers from the spell Saruman cast on him. I thought that was an effective piece of special effect (a special piece?)

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home