BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Short snips

I started my MLIS classes online from Drexel University this week, so the “reading for fun” part of my time is taken away by the “reading to get my degree” time. But I managed to see a few things this week.

The Doctor Who episode “Mind Robbers” just came out on DVD so I have to go backwards a bit to include it in my marathon. It features the second Doctor, Jamie and Zoe. D, Z, and J are all trapped in the Land of Fiction, where they are in danger of becoming fictional characters. It reminds me a little of Jasper Fforde’s books featuring Thursday Next. (I have four of them and have only read the first two so far.) As usual, the extras are extra special, with a boatload of people giving commentary and many interesting documentaries.

I watched the four-part series “The Crusades” hosted and written by Terry Jones. I just love documentaries about little known times in history. And I love it when the old axiom “Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it” rears its ugly head. The info is also helpful background to the Cadfael books I am supposedly reading.

“Yugi-Oh” the movie is nothing like the novel. Ha, just kidding! It’s a snappy little manga movie that doesn’t require months of commitment like most regular anime series. It was great!

“House” a television series started up for the fall season. If I haven’t said it before, I’ll say it now…. I really liked Hugh Laurie when he was British and funny. Here as a sour, grumpy American (New Jersey no less!) he is not so funny, but I watch the show. It’s on a month long hiatus for some sports or other, which frees up my Tuesday nights for homework.

In case you’re wondering… I’ve officially giving up on “Monarch of the Glen.” One less hour per week of wasted effort, one more hour to do homework. It was blissfully missing for two weeks while my local PBS station ran a pledge drive. I didn’t miss it. But, I’ll probably start watching again once Lexie leaves.


<*<*<*<>*>*>* >LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home