BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Hue and Cry for Hugh

“Monk’s Hood” the third Cadfael mystery by Ellis Peters is a great read. This books dives deeply into the herbal lore that is so appealing to me. Cadfael’s Monk’s Hood oil, used to relieve pain is used instead to murder. He bravely protects the innocent while keeping out of the way of the abbot-by-proxy, Prior Robert.

The worst aspect of this book is that Hugh Beringar doesn’t make an appearance until about three-quarters of the way through. And even then he is off hunting clues while Cadfael has to go to Wales alone to confront the murderer.

In the video/DVD, Hugh (played by Sean Pertwee) shows up a good deal sooner and gets more involved. Oh joy!!


Just so you don’t think it’s just me who finds Hugh so appealing, check this link out for an interesting essay on “One Corpse Too Many” and the introduction of Hugh Beringar.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/monkshould/HughBeringar.html

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
www.netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle.
As for books, my thanks go out to www.amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to.
For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

LIBRARIANS: the GPS locators in a wilderness of information.Some day when I grow up, I wanna be a librarian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home