BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I read books too

It seems this blog is increasingly about the movies, DVD’s, videos and televisions shows that I watch. I do read books too and here is the update.

Just finished “RVing Alaska and Canada” by “Charlie” Minshall. This book really makes you want to travel and have a few adventures of your own. It particularly amazed me that even in some of the most remote towns, there is a library in the center of it all.

I’m about half way through “Doctor Strange: Essential #1.” This book really makes me want to go out and do some black magic. No seriously… I really love Dr. Strange and now that I have filled a rather large gap in my collection, I am realizing a dream of reading the whole of his works from beginning to end. For those of you who don’t know what that will entail here is a list of his appearances.

Strange Tales 1963 to 1968; 56 issues - Essential Vol. 1 reprints the whole thing (I’m not that rich!)
1st series: 1968 to 1969; 15 issues – Essential Vol. 2 reprints most of this.
Marvel Premiere: 1972 to 1974; 11 issues
2nd series: Master of the Mystic Arts 1974 to 1987; 81 issues
Strange Tales Vol. 2: 1987 to 1988; 19 issues
3rd series: Sorcerer Supreme 1988 to 1996; 90 issues
Flight of Bones: 4 issue mini series 1999

And this doesn’t include special appearances, some of which I have, Annual issues, Graphic Novels, “Defenders,” “Secret Defenders” and other stuff. I can’t wait to get every single thing he ever appeared in before I start my marathon read. But I have everything from 1972 on and enough reprinted material to get started.

I just started reading “Empire of the Word” by Nicholas Ostler. It is a fascinating book about the history of language. It’s big and a bit dense, but the first 30 pages so far are riveting.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home