BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Firefly Disc #3 part 2

War Stories – This is one of the best episodes ever. It concentrates on the relationship of Zoe and Wash. Many people don’t understand how these two can be married, but it is obvious in this episode that they love each other very much. After an argument about who wears the pants in their relationship, Wash insists on going on a “milk-run” mission with Mal. The evil Niska captures and tortures them. This is brutal stuff but it gets out in the open how Wash feels about the “war buddy” relationship between Mal and Zoe. It is mentioned several times that a maniacal torturer/poet said that you get to know the real person when they are tortured. We got to know the real Wash and Mal in this grueling episode and they get to know each other as well.

DVD note – After watching and cringing at this episode turn on the Commentary and hear Nathan Fillion (Mal) and Alan Tudyk (Wash) banter. It is hilarious; their humor is dry but so very refreshing after such a dramatic episode.

Trash – I didn’t like Saffron in “Our Mrs. Reynolds” and I don’t like her here. At least Zoe gets a chance to punch her for knocking out Wash. Yeah Zoe! It’s basically a caper episode where part of the plan was planning for when Yo-Saf-Bridg double crosses them. In an aside, Jayne gets knocked out and is at the mercy of Simon after River tells Simon about what Jayne did on Ariel. (I tell ya! DON’T watch these episodes out of sequence!) Simon, ever the doctor, tells the paralyzed Jayne that he would never hurt him, but River tells him she could kill him with her brain. Was she joking? We’ll find out in the movie.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home