BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Movie weekend

On weekends, after I have diligently done my homework, I like to watch something relaxing. Or not… this past weekend I indulged in “The Fellowship of the Ring”, the extended version. Still not at good at the books, but great fun with lots of lovely visuals (like Sean Bean!). The adventure that awaits you just outside your door always stirs me into action, so I drove a different way home from work one night.

This week’s Doctor Who episode was “Carnival of Monsters.” (Third Doc with Jo Grant.) While the Doctor and Jo are trapped in the Carnival, a strange political game is being played between some officious types and the carny people. Subtle political messages abound in this episode, especially when the Doctor rails against the carny folk for having a device that traps sentient life.

“Law and Order: Criminal Intent” is not as bad as I thought last week. Apparently they are switching back and forth between Noth and D’Onofrio. Needless to say, I will be watching the show every other week.

“Veronica Mars” – My friend suggested I watch this because Josh Whedon likes it. Of course, Josh Whedon liked the idea of killing Wash, so….. anyway, I watched it and it was quite good.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >
LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home