BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Read On!

It’s been ages since I wrote because I’m very busy with my classes. But I have (in my weaker moments) been able read something other than my textbook.

“Lilias! Yoga Gets Better With Age” – From the lady who did the PBS yoga show for ages. As I slide down the other side of 40 I begin to want to workout to preserve what little energy I have. This is a very inspirational book that really makes you want to get on the floor and do some yoga.

“Dr. Strange: Essentials” – I’m still working on the mighty Marvel tome. Steve Ditko’s art has given away to others, as I plow through Strange Tale Vol. 1 but they are just pale imitations of the original. Meanwhile the good Doctor himself is looking rather youthful and (dare I say!) groovy. It is the early 1970’s after all and the Doc has to keep up with the times.

“Square Foot Gardening” by Mel Bartholomew. – I don’t have a garden, and if I did, I wouldn’t have time to tend it. But someday I hope to live in a real house with a bit of a yard. And in that yard is going to go lots of flowers and a vegetable garden. And that vegetable garden is going to be a square-foot garden. This book makes it seem so easy and fun… I can hardly wait!

“Online Retrieval” – The textbook. A crackin’ good read if you’re into that sort of thing. A bit dated, but the standard by which all others shall bow.

<*<*<*<>*>*>* >LIBRARIANS: the books, the fame, the fortune… What more could you want? (Maybe more books.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home