BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bladders

The following post should have been before the last... never mind, it's too confusing.



I just finished Blackadder the Third on DVD and I’m having a great time! I thought it was time I commented on the whole series as I start in on Blackadder goes Forth.

The first series was wonderful and had tremendous production value. Lots of outdoor sets made it feel very real, and very silly. Without a live audience however, the actors tend to talk over their laughter, making hard to hear some jokes.

With the second series, the Blackadder franchise really kicks into gear. Edmund is dashing, handsome and I love the beard! His wickedness is less pathetic and more (dare I say?) cunning. I root for him to win!

The third series could be my favorite (but it’s hard to choose!) simply because of the inclusion of Hugh Laurie. For those of you who only know him from “House”, this was made when he was British… and funny. Edmund’s lot in life has gone down, but his intelligence has skyrocketed. And, I am glad to say, he very often wins at the end of each episode.

The specials are nice, but the “Cavalier Years” is too short and too reminiscent of Series three. “Blackadder’s Christmas Carol” is a funny twist on the old story, but unfortunate that he loses out on 50,000 pounds at the end.

I get started on the fourth series tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home