BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

My busy weekend

I am getting very far behind on my blog, or I am watching too much stuff and reading too much!

Case of the Missing books” by Ian Sansom didn’t get any better. I will write my own librarian mystery to counteract the bad taste in my mouth that this book left.

Brother Bear” DVD – The most depressing Disney movie I have ever seen. And with Disney’s propensity to kill mothers and leave a scattering of cutesy orphans… that’s saying something! I watched it because Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis were basically channeling Bob and Doug MacKenzie into the moose.

Speaking of which – I’m on Volume 3 of SCTV. This show is a bit dated (those 80’s haircuts!) but just as funny as I remember it.

Babylon 5 – Now that I have watched a bunch of Dr. Who, its time for me to start in on another landmark sci-fi series. I watched "The Gathering" this weekend as the prelude to the first season.

But, Dr. Who DVDs are still being made and “Hand of Fear” was recently released. Sarah Jane’s last episode was excellent, and a great way for her to exit gracefully.

But that’s not all! My friend Tina and I watched the DVD “The Secret.” The secret itself was familiar to us. We were both fans of Wayne Dyer’s “Manifest Your Destiny” as well as the “Do it” books. Basically, the Law of Attraction says that like attracts like. Be positive and upbeat, and positive upbeat things will happen to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home