BookDragon

I love books! What more can I say? Netflix.com provides me with all the DVD’s I can handle. As for books, my thanks go out to Amazon.com, Borders (a chai latte, please!) and all the used book sales I can get to. For anything I can’t find in any of these places, I go to my local library. (Interlibrary Loans are SHINY!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, United States

I'm a librarian! But enough about me... tell me about yourself!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Daily Moto

The book I’m reading now is “Wild Trees” by Richard Preston. It’s not due to be published until April 2007, but I got an Advanced Reader’s Copy (for advanced readers only!) So far it is a great adventure read, but even though I am about half-way through, there isn’t much talk about the life in the canopy. Preston focuses on the lives and loves of the people involved, giving such details like how one tree climber supported himself selling Cutco knives. And I mean a lot of detail about this. Too much.

I got my Mr. Moto DVDs and I am going to watch just one a day. (I could really watch all in a row, but I’m pacing myself) Monday I watched “Think Fast, Mr. Moto” and it was great! A case of diamond smuggling is no problem for Mr. Moto, as long as he can keep the drunken American lout out of the way. My favorite line in this is when the American dope says to a Chinese rickshaw driver “You drivey muchy careful, chop chop.” And the driver replies in somewhat British English “Very good, sir.”

Today I watched one of my favorites “Thank You, Mr. Moto.” He tracks down ancient scrolls that show the way to a secret treasure. While the barbarian American is running around looking for his girlfriend, Mr. Moto is trying to save the honor of a friend who had to kill himself.

While they don’t seem that politically correct these days, these movies can be re-made today to show how heroic and intelligent the Japanese are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home